Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Ride to Remember

Meet Mabel!  She and I became great friends on our ride across the desert above Masada.  We experienced a closeness that I didn't think possible.  I did recover however. :-)  We began our day with a camel ride through the desert.  It was an special time.  I have a new appreciation for David as he moved through this area in his trek to survive.  Mabel also gave me a new appreciation for the wonder of God's creation.  The camel is an amazing creature.  She can drink around 300 litres of water without harm.  Five liters will kill a human.  Her eyes and nostrils are designed to protect during sand storms and there are many other like characteristics.  How anyone can say these things happened without design it beyond me.  God is good!!!


We were able to take an extended time for worship and quiet reflection on the greatness of our God.  I rejoice that our Heavenly Father has given us the capacity to worship.  As I sat on the canyon rim you see here,   I was reminded that the same God that preserved David is actively at work to preserve you and me.  He continues to seek those who will worship Him in spirit and in truth.  David proclaimed, I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth [all things] for me. Psalm 57:2  I encourage you to cry out to Him today.  He is worthy of our praise and our trust.

Later on in the day, we walked up the west side of Masada to the top of the tell.  Can you hear me breathing hard?  It is more exercise for sure when I get home.  Right!  It is an awesome site and is a commentary on the ingenuity of man.  Herod the Great built this palace for his family.  It has thirty huge cisterns for water and many storerooms for grain.  It is truly a fortress, but one that was ultimately conquered by the Romans as they sought to capture the Jewish rebels that had taken refuge here.  I am so glad that our Refuge and Strength has conquered and will never be conquered.  Our God is an awesome God; He reigns in heaven above!!!

I pray you will be greatly blessed this day.  We are praying for you in the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach.

3 comments:

  1. wow sounds exciting!
    i never climbed up masada, i just climbed down :) glad you are having a great time though! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the pictures of you ON the camel?:) Sounds like you continue to have an awesome time! The girls are especially thrilled with your reports, having studied about much of this area in recent history lessons! Keep the good news coming!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first comment disappeared. I touched some disappear button. I'm so enjoying your trip and pictures. I walked up and down Masada. Different muscle groups, different lasting pain. I would love to see you on Mabel. Don't you just love their wonderful gaits and bony,tilty backbones? Sure, they have a saddle like a pack mule has one. My camel spit on me from quite a distance. Our relationship was really never quite the same. I'm especially enjoying your recollections from scripture and threads from then and now.I can tell something there stirs your soul unique to other places or experiences. Perhaps Jacobs after all.

    ReplyDelete