Wednesday, January 19, 2011

At Last!

Well, forty eight hours later we made it to the land of Israel.  The journey is always worth it regardless of the seeming obstacles that arise. It is always a blessing to me when I step onto the ground in Israel.  The time spent on the first part of our trip resulted in new friends and new opportunities to see God work in and through us.  I struck up a conversation with one of the airline staff and discovered she was a believer and a part of an east coast Calvary Chapel.  We talked about Israel and her desire to visit the land with her husband.  We exchange contact information and I walked away knowing the Lord is the great orchestrator.  While I know God is everywhere, there is a special sense of richness in my soul as I walk this land.  We hit the ground running with our first visit just one hour after land (puff puff!).  We went to Aphek where David met the Philistine commanders before their battle with Israel. I Samuel 29 (Picture of the park at Aphek)

I always enjoyed seeing David in my mind's eye playing the part of the disappointed soldier when he wasn't able to go to battle with Achish against Israel while, I'm sure, breathing a great sigh of relief in his Spirit. I thought how often I get myself in jams like that.  The Bible is truly a living epistle to us for our use, enjoyment and growth.  I pray we will all use it more effectively as the gift from God that it is!

 
 We then went on for an overview of the city of Jerusalem.  I encourage you to read the Psalms of Ascent (Psalms 120 - 134) and visualize the Pilgrims going up to Jerusalem for the feasts.  It is awesome!  We stood on the Mount of Olives and viewed the Kidron Valley, the Hinnom Valley and Temple Mount while considering all the history of that place and past and future temples...Come Lord Jesus!  It is an impacting site to be sure.


We arrived at Yad Hashmona in the early evening which will be our home base while in Israel.  It is a Kibbutz (look it up in the dictionary :-)) near Jerusalem.  You can look it up on the internet if you want to see it since we got there after dark. Tomorrow we go to the Judean Dessert for a campout.  Unfortunately they insist that they can't provide the pillar of fire for warmth.  I guess the Bedouin tent we are staying in will have to do. brrrrrrrr

Blessings to you all in the name of Yeshua.  We covet your prayers for us and our families during this season.

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear you made it! we are keeping you lifted up in prayer here in Uganda :)
    love you daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to be there again! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete